- Determine the Square footage of your lawn. Accuracy is important here because this number is used to calculate pricing.
- Eliminate all weeds. If using a non-selective herbicide (such as round-up), spray 7-10 days prior to hydroseeding. Make sure to kill any germinating weeds that may hinder the growth of the seed.
- Remove rocks and debris any larger than the size of a golf ball.
- Make sure your soil is finely graded, leveled, and settled to ensure your hydroseed is even.
- Be prepared to keep your new lawn moist (this is especially critical during the first three weeks).